Thursday, April 1, 2010

Life Planning

I was in discussion with two good friends this morning about the plan of our lives. It's easy to get sucked into the mentality that if we lay out our life in a sequential step by step format and are diligent to "hit our goals"... life will do exactly what we want it to. It's just not that way.

I have recently been reminded that if I look back at the turns, twists, and surprises in my life...I'm grateful. They have brought me to where I am today and God has led/guided me through them exactly according to His plan. I am confident of that. So, if that's the case, wouldn't it be crazy to attempt to look at my life moving forward in a mapped out way? How in the world do I know what's going to happen and where God is going to move?

Be intentional? Yes.
Set goals? Yes.
Be strategic? Yes.
Be responsible? Yes.

But don't take yourself too seriously and think that you can manipulate life. You can't. God's got a plan (He'll ignore yours) and it's the best thing possible. Submit and trust.

No comments: